What You Get When You Join P.E.A.C.E.
You may join P.E.A.C.E. by sending an email indicating your wish to join to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name, your postal address, your email address (if not indicated in the “from” line), and any other information about you that you wish to share with us. If you wish to join by postal mail, please send it to Lucy Stroock, Treasurer, 55 Frost St., Cambridge, MA 02140. Any person sending a donation will be considered a member unless the donor requests otherwise. P.E.A.C.E. is a project of the Survival Education Fund, a charitable organization entitled to receive tax-deductible contributions under the Internal Revenue Code.
You will become a link in the P.E.A.C.E. Network helping to build strength for our work for a safe world for children. Actions coordinated through networking are more effective. Members will receive one newsletter and one resource packet each year.
When you join P.E.A.C.E. , you may:
- Provide a supportive network for teachers and parents who share our concerns.
- Educate the early childhood community through
- P.E.A.C.E. News,
- resources from our website www.peaceeducators.org,
- information flyers,
- workshops at NAEYC and elsewhere, and
- peace education materials.
- Participate in our action alerts through ACT4PEACE/yahoogroups.com (Join by sending an e-mail to act4cease-subscribe(at)yahoogroups.com )
- Advocate for a government committed to improving and expanding quality child care and child development programs.
- Foster a society that focuses on the well being of young children and their families through all our work.
- Help us get out our message through your contacts with other organizations.
You are invited to our Annual Meeting held during the NAEYC National Conference, to attend P.E.A.C.E. offered seminars and other workshops at the Conference, and to join the Peace Educators Interest Forum.
In addition, P.E.A.C.E. members in some areas work together as participants and advocates at local early childhood events. P.E.A.C.E. has affiliates in Massachusetts and California. Both serve as rallying points for local action on all issues. Members of the California affiliate started and continue to develop the Center for Social Change (Advocacy Center) within the California AEYC’s annual conference. P.E.A.C.E. holds an annual retreat in June or July to plan its activities for the coming year.
Members are encouraged to contribute ideas, activities, and resources to the newsletter, and to spread the work of P.E.A.C.E. through all their networks.
All materials published by P.E.A.C.E. are available to be reproduced and distributed. P.E.A.C.E. is a project of the Survival Education Fund, a charitable organization entitled to receive tax-deductible contributions under the Internal Revenue Code.