Who We Are
Established in 1979, P.E.A.C.E. stands for Peace Educators Allied for Children Everywhere. We are a national membership non-profit organization of early childhood educators and volunteers who are acting together to make the world a more peaceful, safe, and welcoming place for everyone. The foundations for lives of peace are built in early childhood. P.E.A.C.E. helps locally, nationally, and globally to build peace among children and adults through example, education, and activism.
We hope that you will join us as a member of P.E.A.C.E., and help make the world a better place for children.
Statement of Purpose
P.E.A.C.E. is a network of parents, teachers, and other concerned individuals dedicated to helping young children and their caregivers develop and thrive in peace and well being.
This revised Statement of Purpose was adopted at the CEASE Annual Meeting November 7, 2014.
To these ends we are:
- Working to create a nonviolent, just, inclusive, and respectful world.
- Striving to prioritize human services and environmental sustainability in government budget and policy decisions.
- Advocating for government commitments to improve and expand high quality child care and child development programs accessible to all children.
For all these purposes, we are:
- Sharing information with the early childhood community through periodic publications, workshops, and other peace education materials.
- Providing a supportive network for teachers and parents who share our concerns.
- Supporting other organizations and individuals in efforts to achieve our shared goals.
We work to develop the attitudes, understandings, and methods of nonviolent action needed to build peace, caring, justice and mutual respect within ourselves, others, and in our environments. Learn more about our history and how P.E.A.C.E. came to be.