P.E.A.C.E is an Activist Organization.
We act on public issues related to our purposes, to help young children grow up in a peaceful family, school, community, country and world. Peace starts within each of us, then in our immediate contacts, including the children and families with whom we work, and only then with our neighborhoods, communities, and wider jurisdictions.
• The members of Peace Educators Allied for Children Everywhere (P.E.A.C.E.), as parents, teachers and other concerned individuals, are dedicated to helping every child live in a nonviolent, just, inclusive and respectful world.
• We must acknowledge, listen and educate ourselves on the legacy of racism in our country, both personal and systemic.
• It is time for America’s racist culture to stop destroying lives, our communities and the planet.
• We have an opportunity to help make this change possible.
As children grow, they experience diversity, including differences in skin color and culture. As peace educators we must:
• Help the young children with whom we work and play to learn to appreciate how they and their classmates are alike and different;
• Lead in creating a peaceful environment for all the children;
• Show them how to maintain peaceful relationships with each other;
• Help them share respectful listening and peaceful relationships in their lives together and apart; and
• Help them build a culture of kindness.
In these efforts each of us must continue to:
• Share information, and
• Commit to restoring justice and mutual respect with our allies to help abolish racism.
Action Alerts! February 2021
Please keep using your mask, with social distancing & hand washing, until we’re all safe again.
Please Help the Feds Pass the Latest Stimulus Package, And Push Your State to Implement the Previous Ones!
Congress now is considering President Biden’s proposal for a new emergency stimulus package of measures to enable America to emerge from the pandemic. The present package doesn’t appear to include anything specific to child care, except for paid family leave for parents whose child care arrangements have fallen through. But it now has many provisions that would help the struggling child care profession, including small business grants and loans, extended unemployment insurance benefits, added low-income food benefits, money to help public schools, including their preschools, to open with safe spaces, additional child tax credits to enable parents to pay for child care, etc. Please urge your Representative, and especially your Senators, to provide enough money now so that things won’t get materially worse before they get better. In addition, many State and local governments have received money destined for child care from previous Federal stimulus Bills that haven’t yet found their way to child care programs and parents. Please contact your Governors and State legislators to get the money out. It’s needed right now.
NAEYC Issues Guide to Getting/Using Federal Pandemic Aid
NAEYC just issued a new 10-page guide for child care providers on how to get financial help from the Federal (and often, State) Government based on the various pandemic relief legislation passed in 2020 and 2021. Download this guide here.
Each month our members get our news, starting with a message like the one above. Join our organization to receive the latest Peace News in your inbox.
Take Action with these Quick Links
Tell our leaders to reduce war spending and to use weapon money to help young children grow.
- US Congress
Take Action Today
Choose a Cause
Join the Actforpeace List Serve
P.E.A.C.E. has an action arm, a list serve called Actforpeace, which alerts its members by email to opportunities for public policy actions to help children (and their parents and teachers) survive and thrive in a more peaceful, healthier world. The messages mostly relate to the action agenda items described below. Any participant in the list serve can initiate messages, and they come maybe 5-10 times a month. To join the list serve, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, asking to be invited to join.