P.E.A.C.E is an Activist Organization.
We act on public issues related to our purposes, to help young children grow up in a peaceful family, school, community, country and world. Peace starts within each of us, then in our immediate contacts, including the children and families with whom we work, and only then with our neighborhoods, communities, and wider jurisdictions.
• The members of Peace Educators Allied for Children Everywhere (P.E.A.C.E.), as parents, teachers and other concerned individuals, are dedicated to helping every child live in a nonviolent, just, inclusive and respectful world.
• We must acknowledge, listen and educate ourselves on the legacy of racism in our country, both personal and systemic.
• It is time for America’s racist culture to stop destroying lives, our communities and the planet.
• We have an opportunity to help make this change possible.
As children grow, they experience diversity, including differences in skin color and culture. As peace educators we must:
• Help the young children with whom we work and play to learn to appreciate how they and their classmates are alike and different;
• Lead in creating a peaceful environment for all the children;
• Show them how to maintain peaceful relationships with each other;
• Help them share respectful listening and peaceful relationships in their lives together and apart; and
• Help them build a culture of kindness.
In these efforts each of us must continue to:
• Share information, and
• Commit to restoring justice and mutual respect with our allies to help abolish racism.
Action Alerts! December 2020
Stimulus Funding and Federal Budget
Call your Senators at (202) 224-3121 now.
As of this writing, the Senate still hasn’t even looked at a package of pandemic relief funding needed now to meet the growing needs of the growing number of unemployed and under-employed Americans for real help in paying rent and other bills, getting public services, and getting food on the table. The House of Representatives is willing to include in this package about $57 Billion for child care, because almost half of the child care providers in the USA are out of work, many parents have had to quit their jobs to look after their children, and nobody except child care providers are paying for the health and safety requirements brought on by the pandemic. The Senate and the lame-duck President are dragging their feet. Please put pressure on your Senators at (202) 224-3121 to act right now on a comprehensive pandemic relief package, for the good of our country and everyone’s future.
In addition, if Congress doesn’t authorize the current year’s Federal Budget by December 11, the Government will have to shut down. They need to make some deals quickly!
Please keep using your mask, with social distancing & hand washing, until we’re all safe again.
Each month our members get our news, starting with a message like the one above. Join our organization to receive the latest Peace News in your inbox.
Take Action with these Quick Links
Tell our leaders to reduce war spending and to use weapon money to help young children grow.
- US Congress
Take Action Today
Choose a Cause
Join the Actforpeace List Serve
P.E.A.C.E. has an action arm, a list serve called Actforpeace, which alerts its members by email to opportunities for public policy actions to help children (and their parents and teachers) survive and thrive in a more peaceful, healthier world. The messages mostly relate to the action agenda items described below. Any participant in the list serve can initiate messages, and they come maybe 5-10 times a month. To join the list serve, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, asking to be invited to join.